This chocolate protein pancake recipe tastes like dessert for breakfast. And to “top it off”, there’s a big scoop of creamy peanut butter icing on top. It’s super delicious and will keep you full for a while.
This low-fat recipe uses powdered peanut butter which has 1.5g of fat in 2 tablespoons! Peanut butter has 16g. I love peanut butter, and it’s a healthy fat. But it’s still fat, and if I want to consume less then sometimes I’ll go for the powdered version so I can still enjoy the flavor.
You can’t go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter for breakfast. Why deprive yourself?
OK, let’s get started.
Put 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, egg whites and almond milk in a bowl.
Add 5 drops of natural chocolate sweetener.
Whisk until smooth.
Put pan on medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Put the batter in the pan. After 2 minutes lower the heat to medium low.
Flip after the top is just about dry.
Cook for another minute.
Now for the icing! Put powdered peanut butter in a measuring cup or bowl.
Then, add non-fat Greek yogurt and almond milk. Mix until smooth, just like icing.
Put the pancake on a plate, and top with the yummy icing. Sprinkle coconut flakes and cranberries on top.
Enjoy the chocolatey goodness!
CHOCOLATE PROTEIN PANCAKE WITH PEANUT BUTTER ICING
|Time: 10 minutes
- 1 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 5 Drops Chocolate Sweetener
- 1/2 Cup Egg Whites
- 1/4 Cup Almond Milk
- 2 tbsp. Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp. Non-fat Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp. Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp. Cranberries
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Flakes
- Put 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder, 1/4 tsp. baking powder, pinch of salt, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 cup egg whites and 1/4 cup almond milk in a bowl.
- Add 5 drops of natural chocolate sweetener.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Put pan on medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Put the batter in the pan. After 2 minutes lower the heat to medium low.
- Flip after the top is just about dry.
- Cook for another minute.
- Put 2 tbsp. powdered peanut butter, 1 tbsp. non-fat Greek yogurt and 2 tbsp. almond milk in a measuring cup or bowl.
- Mix until smooth, just like icing.
- Put the pancake on a plate, and top with the icing.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp. coconut flakes and 1 tbsp. cranberries on top.
Don’t like cranberries? Slice up 1/2 banana instead for sweetness.
Do you want more chocolate flavor? Add unsweetened cocoa powder.
Here are some other breakfast ideas:
If you like pancakes, try this healthy vanilla protein pancake with icing.
If you’re into something a little spicy, make this spicy avocado toast and eggs.